Monday, May 13, 2013

Good News, Bad News, and Something I'm Not Sure About...

Here's the something I'm not sure about:

I hear a rumor that it's the scene where Grover is abducted. I also hear the scene at the amusement park (this one here) is where they meet the cyclops and the climax takes place. Anyone else confused??

Now for some good news.

Rick posted on his blog some things about his event on May 31:
"We will be showing the cover art for The House of Hades for the first time that morning! And yes, soon afterward we will show the cover online so you can all get a look. It's fabulous -- that I promise. "

Here's the bad news. He also posted this:
"Advanced reading copies of The House of Hades will be available. HAHAHAHAHA. No. Not true. We haven't done an advanced reading copy of a Heroes of Olympus or Percy Jackson book in many years. I don't want anyone to know the story and spoil it in advance, so everyone will be reading the story on October 8 when it is first available, no sooner! So please don't mob the Disney-Hyperion booth asking for copies, because there are none. 

Sneak peeks of The House of Hades will be available. Also not true. The first time you'll be able to read a sneak peek from the book will be June 18, if you purchase the electronic single of The Son of Sobek -- details as I blogged earlier. We will post a free sneak peek online a little later in the summer, as we usually do. More details on that when I get them!"

Looks like we'll be waiting a little longer than usual for the preview. For anyone who doesn't have an e-book, I'll find it online (no doubt, someone will post it) and put a link on this site.

Check out the full blog post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment