Tuesday, May 1, 2012

New Developments

So as I already mentioned, Rick is supposed to read a sneak peek from the Mark of Athena in a webcast that apparently premiered five and a half hours ago. As such, it is not available on the internet yet, but if he doesn't post a link for the video tomorrow, I will most likely be able to find it on youtube. Guaranteed someone filmed it.

Anyway, while looking for the vid, I stumbled upon a summary of the Mark of Athena in video form: MoA
Or, just read on:
In The Son of Neptune, Percy, Frank, and Hazel met at Camp Jupiter, the Roman equivalent of Camp Half-Blood and traveled to the land beyond the gods to complete a dangerous quest. The third book in the Heroes of Olympus series will unite them with Jason, Piper and Leo. But they number only six. Who will complete the prophecy of seven? The Greek and Roman demigods will have to cooperate in order to defeat the giants released by the earth mother, Gaea. Then they will have to sail together to the ancient land, Greece itself, to find the Doors of Death. What, exactly, are the Doors of Death? Much of the prophesy remains a mystery.


With old friends and new friends joining forces, a marvelous ship, fearsome foes, and an exotic setting, the Mark of Athena promises to be another unforgettable adventure by master storyteller Rick Riordan.


So there you have it! The cover hasn't been released yet, but I will post again when I find that and the sneak peek that was read.

In other news, the Serpent's Shadow (final installment in the Kane Chronicles) is available today. I went and bought myself a copy. I gotta say, the cover is PHENOMENAL. The colors are amazing and I can't wait to read it and see how it ends. Unfortunately, I have to read the first two books to refresh my memory so it may be a while before I let you know what I think. Well, that's it, guys. The recordings from the Kane siblings are officially finished.

That's all I wanted to bring up. No news for the movie, as of now.

I'll see if I can find that Mark of Athena reading...

1 comment:

  1. *please be Annabeth, please be Annabeth, it's GOTTA be Annabeth*

    Anyway, halfway through SS and it's incredible! Chapter Five. Two cameo appearances of HoO characters. Couldn't. STop. Laughing. :D

    ReplyDelete