Thursday, July 19, 2012

Not Sure If This is Legit...

Anyway, I stumbled upon an extended preview of the Staff of Hermes, one of the short stores featured in The Demigod Diaries. The person who posted it was mum as to where they found it, but it isn't on Rick's blog and it isn't on his twitter...

Here it is:

Annabeth and I were relaxing on the great lawn in Central park when she ambushed me with a question. 

"You forgot, didn't you?" 

I went into red alert mode. It's easy to panic when you're a new boyfriend. Sure, I'd fought monsters with Annabeth for years. Together we'd face the wrath of the gods. We'd battled Titans and calmly faced death a dozen times. But now that we were dating, one frown from her and I freaked. What had I done wrong? 

I mentally reviewed the picnic list: Comfy Blankets? Check. Annabeth's favourite pizza with extra olives? Check. Chocolate toffee from La Maison du Chocolat? Check.Weapons in case of a sudden greek mythological apocalypse? 

So what had I forgotten? 

I was tempted (briefly) to bluff my way through. Two things stopped me. First, I didn't want to lie to Annabeth. Second, she was too smart. She'd see right through me.


It's not much longer, but it's still something. 


Also, in case I didn't mention this, The Demigod Diaries is going to be 256 pages. And we only have 27 more days until the release!!


Sorry if I'm not up-to-date on some recent news (though there hasn't been any!) but my computer charger actually melted. Yes, you read correctly. I can't go on my computer (so I'm using my mom's) until the new charger gets here. Unfortunately, all my sources and info are on my laptop, which is out of battery. And I'm out of luck. 


Bear with me, my charger should be here today or tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment