Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sorry I'm a Little Late...

Ok, so we have a few major updates to discuss!

First off, Rick officially released the character art for Ra yesterday:
From Rick's blog: Our third character art reveal for The Serpent's Shadow: the ever-popular, slightly demented sun god Ra. Weasel cookies! Zebras! (if you read Throne of Fire, you get it.)

Will Ra return to his former glory in time to battle Apophis? The answer awaits when Serpent's Shadow is published on May 1!

From the Disney Hyperion site:
Representing:
The Sun. He's literally the center of the universe in the Egyptian god world.

Symbol:
That big ball in the sky.

Why so special?
He may look frail, but Ra is a powerful figure. And possibly the key to the Kanes' victory over Apophis. 

I think he looks like a really cute, really sweet old man!

But that's not all we need to talk about today...

Thanks to a tip from someone named Lynette, I discovered today that we have another star slated for the Sea of Monsters movie. Check out the article here: Hypable- Leven Rambin. Apparently she starred in the Hunger Games (I think she was Glimmer?)  Anyway, she's been cast as Clarisse! Personally, I think she looks a little nice and girly to play our daughter of Ares, but I guess we'll find out. This movie looks a lot more promising than the last and I'm just happy that they decided not to leave Clarisse out of this one. Also, there is a rumored actress for Thalia, but I think it's a little too early on to tell. However, her name is Paloma Kwiatkowski and as of right now, there is no available picture. I'll keep looking though!


*Edit: Scratch that, I just found her picture. She's adorable and I think she looks the part of Thalia EXACTLY:

Now try not to get your hopes up. She may not be a definite yet, but I really hope they stick with her!

Thanks to Hypable and IMDb for the info, and Lynette for the tip. Thanks to Percy Jackson Wiki for the picture.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... interesting choice for Thalia.With some makeup and hair I think she could definitely pull it off!
    (strangely enough, no matter how many times he says "black hair" she's always been a blonde in my mind...yeah, I'm weird.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree. i think she'll do pretty well =]
      and that's totally fine lol. i always pictured her with piercings and blue highlights =P
      oh and i wanted to thank you for the tip from hypable. the one about leven rambin.

      Delete