Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Titan's Curse

Looks like it won't be happening... here's what a reliable source tells me: (thanks, ForestQueen!)

I have some slightly bad news. The Sea of Monsters currently is not making any profit. The film took 90 million dollars to make, but the combination of domestic and foreign grosses makes a total of $42,821,000 according to my calculation. We need the gross to go far higher than 90 million in order for their to be a chance to see Titan's Curse on the big screen. I know it was only opening week, but I think we should still try to make an effort to push the numbers up. check out boxofficemojo.

Here.

6 comments:

  1. No problem. It is moving up, but slowly and steadily. The way we push it up is buy attending it more with friends and family. I know it will cost money, but it will raise the numbers. There may be a chance for Titan's Curse, but that will depend on how well SOM does. Keep checking the sight to see if it has made profit. Also tell others that it is a great family movie to watch and it has improved from the first installment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUT. Worldwide profit is quite good.
    Worldwide: $138,690,000

    AND Lightning thief wasn't much better at the end:

    Domestic: $88,768,303 39.2%
    + Foreign: $137,728,906 60.8%
    = Worldwide: $226,497,209
    Budget: $95 million

    I think we've got high hopes for a Titan's Curse movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My post was earlier, so much has improved since then. I was only fearing at that moment that it may not do so well. Now my fear is gone, but I am not sure if the producers and all see this as a success or not. Also much of the weak beginning probably had to do with the results of the poor quality of Lightning Thief. So people believe it will be the same for the sequel, which it isn't. But you are right we may have a chance to see Titan's Curse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The SoM movie definitely led to a sequel... Here's to hoping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I managed to see the movie. I liked it but it wasn't as good as it seemed from the trailers. I didn't like the new Chiron. Mr D. was pretty good. Hermes as well.

    But i hated the end. I H-A-T-E-D . Kronos rising from the second movie ? Eating Luke ??? Getting his ass kicked like he was some minor god ??? Total crap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check it out! Percy Jackson and the Singer of Apollo:

    http://browseinside.harpercollinschildrens.com/index.aspx?isbn13=9780061963803

    ReplyDelete